Welcome back to another episode of The Nutrition Science
Podcast. I have an amazing episode for you today, I am chatting
with my good friend Dr. Jessica Knurick. Jessica and I did our PhDs
together and she now specializes in prengnacy and post-partum
nutrition after having two little ones of her own.
She has built a large following on Tik Tok and on Instagram
now as well education women about this topic and I am looking
excited to have her on today to share her knowledge with you all as
We cover a lot in this episode, here are some of the topics
that we touch on:
- What nutrients are specifically important during
- How should women change their nutrition habits during pregnancy
to meet these nutrient needs?
- What supplements are important and how does someone choose a
- What foods should pregnant women limit/avoid/be careful
- What is gestational diabetes and why is it important to test
- Postpartum weight loss: What is realistic, how to
approach it, and what to be careful of.
Shop Legion Athletics for high quality 3rd party tested
nutritional supplements and support the show at the same time. Use
the code "Chavez" at checkout to receive 20% off of your first
order and 2x points on future orders.